Sunday, October 01, 2006

hot is gone

I had my hand on the brown burl marble counter when the concierge desk attendant said "diareah" there in the sparkle clean morning tonic of amonia and glass cleaner. The word seemed more vulgar than usual, and then perfectly colombian as well. I looked down onto the pool, the extra large square, that had a dark blue bottom with striped cushions on white plastic lounge chairs which sunk into the shallow end. they got em positioned so you could drop a toe or an arm into the cold when the sun got too much. I hate david hockney, but I felt like I was in his world, like I was living in the beautiful and clean eighties, like I was rich in palm springs. A porter scrubbed the pools edge with ajax, blue clairvoyant pitch peddling gaminas selling chicklets. Im a million miles from the mars bar on second, where you could lose a month just drinking beer. Im 34 now, too old for the 17 year old model I met last night, Im too old to make my hands seem worthwhile to her, too old to put my mouth where she sits. Im desperate for one last moment of really hot. "oh god" I squeal to myself like a fag, make that brown marble burl a virus that glorifies every inch of me like a david katz complexion. Give me a pool drink and a million dollars. "I dont care" I say. "I love them". Im eating my third granillia, Im addicted to the orange pear shaped fruit with its hard shell. Two in each hand Im cracking them hand over fist like a body builder stacking yokes. Inside is a white cotton sack, pregnant with these little gelly covered seeds that dangle on wormed glowplugs. I have a fluffy pod propped up between my top and bottom front teeth, and my tongue is diligently digging into the seeds, gently separating them from thier seats,like a lasoed loose tooth being slammed out of a babys mouth with a door. when the man said diareah my hand fisted against the brown burl marble for traction. I bite down on the gelly hard stuff and stare at his starched black jacket and tie. He´s a fat cadaver dipped in jelly bobbing to the tune of vivaldi. I was sticky from defrocked granaiia that I knew was not her, and it was never gonna be her again, august is over, the mars bar closed for transfusions. everything is new in that chlorine kinda way and I knew I was watching the last skid of really hot slide by

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home